Important Fairs of Haryana (HSSC Notes)
Friends, many fairs are organized every year in Haryana, which we are going to mention in this post. “Fairs of Haryana” is also a very important topic for the HSSC exam because questions are asked often from this topic in HSSC exams. Our effort is to bring you all the important topics of Haryana GK and this is a small effort of that.
मित्रों, हर साल हरियाणा में कई मेलों का आयोजन किया जाता है, जिसका उल्लेख हम इस पोस्ट में करने जा रहे हैं। यह विषय HSSC परीक्षा के लिए भी बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है क्योंकि HSSC परीक्षा में इस विषय से अक्सर प्रश्न पूछे जाते हैं। हमारा प्रयास आपको Haryana GK के सभी महत्वपूर्ण विषयों आपके लिए तैयार का है और यह पोस्ट उसी का एक छोटा सा प्रयास है। आप Fairs of Haryana से संबंधित सारी जानकारी इस पोस्ट से प्राप्त कर सकते है।
Read it also: Famous Festivals in Haryana
Famous Fairs of Haryana
Here is the list of some famous fairs of Haryana. These fairs are the occasion of celebration and fun.
Gopal Mochan ka Mela
- This Mela is celebrated about 17-km northeast of Jagadhari town in Yamuna Nagar.
- It is an ancient place of pilgrimage to both Hindus & Sikhs.
Baldev Chhat ka Mela
- This is celebrated in honor of the elder brother of Lord Krishna, named Balrama at Palwal.
- It is believed that Balram has ended the dominion of a demon named ‘Palwasur’ as he killed him and rescues this place from his evil clutches.
Chetar Chaudas Fair
- This fair is held in the month of March or Spring season in Pehowa in Kurukshetra.
- All the pilgrims both Hindi & Sikhs bath in the holy tank of Saraswati.
- It is believed that Yudhister had offered pinds in the memory of all his relatives killed in Mahabharta war, therefore pilgrims offer pinds for their ancestors.
Baba Shami Dayal Fair
This Mela is celebrated in the honor of famous saint of Bhiwani at Charkhi Dadri
Baba Mastnath Fair
- This is the famous fair of Rohtak which is celebrated every year at the samadhi of saint (Baba Mastnath).
- The people worship both samadhi & temple in the month of February-March.
Mansa Devi Fair
- Mata Mansa Devi fair is celebrated twice in a year in the month of March-April & September & October.
- These fairs are held at Bilaspur Village near Mani Majra.
- This fair is held in the honor of the goddess of small-pox.
- Masani Temple is located at Gurugram.
- Although people come to worship here all year, in April-May, there is more crowd.
Read it also: Folk Dances of Haryana | हरियाणा के लोक नृत्य
Other Important Fairs of Haryana
- Vamandwadshi Fair at Jagadhari (Yamuna Nagar)
- Baba Mungeepa Fair at Riwasa (Bhiwani)
- Paanch Teerth Temple is also at Tosham, Bhiwani district.
- Sheetla Mata Fair at Gurugram
- Shah Chokha Khori fair by Meo Muslims at Nuh
- Kanuwa Fair & Kanha Gaushala Fair at Faridabad
- Agrasen Jayanti Fair– Agroha Mela, at Agroha (Hisar)
- Hatkeshawar Fair at Jind,
- Jayanti Devi Temple, Pindari Tirth, Pushkar Tirth at village Dhamtan Sahib
- ‘Chhariyon Ka Mela (Fair of Sticks) at Amupur (Karnal)
- सूर्य ग्रहण स्नान मेला (Solar Eclipse Bath Fair) at Kurukshetra
- Dhoshi Fair at Mohendragarh’s Dhoshi village
- Shiva Chaudas fair at Ambala
- Markanda fair at Shahabad (Kurukshetra)
- Basdoda fair at Rohtak
- Sanjhi Mela at Rohtak
Download Important Fairs of Haryana
If you are preparing for any examination to be conducted by Haryana Staff Selection Commission, then it is very important to study Haryana GK. Many fairs are organized in Haryana and they questions are often asked in HSSC exams from this topic.
यदि आप हरियाणा कर्मचारी चयन आयोग द्वारा आयोजित की जाने वाली किसी भी परीक्षा की तैयारी कर रहे हैं, तो Haryana GK का अध्ययन करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। हरियाणा में कई मेलों का आयोजन किया जाता है और वे अक्सर इस विषय से एचएसएससी परीक्षा में पूछे जाते हैं।
Read it also: Important Lakes of Haryana हरियाणा की प्रमुख झीलें